- It feels as if it could snow, but it does not yet, and for that I am grateful
- I need new gloves first
- and a new hat, as my favourite one is wearing thin–a leopard print fuzzy thing that makes me happy and warm, but sometimes brings to me strange looks
- Ah well, I can only be me. I stopped trying to please others years ago as it was not working
- At least when you behave as yourself, with your own style, like my hair, which I never cut, you are not a fraud.
- You can step out the door on a day such as today with no thought of worry about how your shoes go with your pocketbook.
- Breakfast this morning is eggs, tomatoes, and young onions, wrapped in a steamed tortilla.
- No cheese, as I can generally live without it. Though a nice hard sharp cheddar is desired sometimes
- Monday! Again!
- We have made it here after a challenging week, and that is something to cheer for.
Have a great Monday, and feel free to say hello, if you should be inclined to! Cheers to another week, and thank you, God for another do-over.
irrational eggs for breakfast
speeding trains for lunch
through a head that insists
on flitting dangerously in the briers
a gracious sparrow, calling
now, now, now
last night’s dog day
in sweaty angry silence
melted into sweet morning
lime tea words
over cups, with a
steamy cover of regrets
and guitar strums balm
we cannot have it back
can we, that sweet
close smell of together
amidst shooting stars–
stepping out of our place
to face the world
again, with secrets
is it me on your mind
when this song plays–
1989 is a meteor
and all our hopes
have got to be enough
to shield us, if
you do not turn to salt
the birds are early
they must know something
besides the dark
how peaceful to listen
to know God hears
every lonely chirp
from my heart
toast and eggs
with a side of chickadees
sitting in the gutters
- How do you act under stress?
- Do you take it out on others or do you internalize the struggle?
- Do you simply get to work and work doubly hard to complete the task well?
- Do you crumble and cry in a corner?
- The time for the craft show has come. It should be that craft show, or this craft show, but it is simply dubbed ‘Thee craft show’, which I think is a mistake now, considering expectations and hopes riding on one day
- Everyone knows you rarely break even on the first show
- If it rains, all bets are off
- We keep coming back to the calm place and saying, it’s okay if we don’t make money the first time (lies, all lies)
Continue reading “Monday Random: crunch time”
- Words matter, and to me they matter probably more than people which is wrong– I know it’s wrong, so I’m working on that. I do feel guilty for saying that.
- Words get propers from me because they kept me going between the ages of 10-20, and now they are saving my life. I have to be grateful for that.
- I was in the best, coolest conversation this weekend and I interrupted at an important juncture, taking the steam out of a good story I was hearing. I still feel badly about it. I would like to say something now to the storyteller and apologize, but that’s weird. I recognize it’s weird to agonize about it now. But I do want to be a better listener–
Continue reading “Monday Random: Words”