- Those who know me well know that I have resisted getting a cell phone for all these years
- except for a brief tryst with a flip phone between ’06-’08
- I have a new friend who is quickly becoming like one of the family who says it is not safe for me not to have a phone with the cars I drive, old and rusting away as they are
- I say it is a luxury
- a nuisance
- but she is right. One car is a ’94 and one is a ’99.
- They make some of the same noises my knees make on stairs.
- So that’s that.
I visited an old friend
and I said, ‘where is your husband,’
she said, ‘he is having a mid-life crisis, and
his penis is in the garage.’
I opened the garage door and saw a cherry red convertible
and had to laugh
that he did not keep it in his pants
but I wasn’t expecting to find it there
taking her place. I think
she liked when he was poor and in need
of cash, driving a beat up Chevy he hated
because he was always home
and always devoted