- Those who know me well know that I have resisted getting a cell phone for all these years
- except for a brief tryst with a flip phone between ’06-’08
- I have a new friend who is quickly becoming like one of the family who says it is not safe for me not to have a phone with the cars I drive, old and rusting away as they are
- I say it is a luxury
- a nuisance
- but she is right. One car is a ’94 and one is a ’99.
- They make some of the same noises my knees make on stairs.
- So that’s that.
- Truly one of the biggest bothers is being a cliché–
- an old-fashioned person who looks stupid trying to make the thing work.
- But I am trying to get into the spirit of things.
- If it is useful for my writing, then I will try and be a good sport
- grumble, grumble
- I will not be this guy
- or these gals
- and we have promised one another that our dates will look like this, always, looking and speaking only to one another
I hope your Monday was great, as mine was. God bless, and thank you for reading, as always. I never take it for granted!
I said I would never get a mobile phone, and I also said I would not ever post a cat video. So this is a day like no other–