- That should look very refreshing and delicious, if it did not have beets in it. I really thought they could hide in a smoothie. I believed the man and countless women on YouTube touting beets’ ability to detoxify the blood. I tried. I really tried. But that is the only vegetable that I don’t like. It tastes like dirt. This drink, this marvelous, healthy drink tastes like dirt and berries. Might as well drink it straight. There is no hiding.
- It reminded me of the time my mother tried to hide liver in meatballs. I do like liver now, though. But it isn’t something you can hide. It is not subtle.
- It is the first day of spring and I feel so terrific to know that even though Chicago may very well snow again, and again, it is the tail end of winter and that’s so sweet. It was 50 degrees Fahrenheit today, which is not usually barefoot weather for me but I did go barefoot anyway. I just had to. Felt good to both feet and sole. Soul.
- Yep, I have big feet. I try not to complain about that which I have no control over. I gained a half size from the first child, and another full size from the second.
- I could live without okra and artichokes also, but I can eat them if that is what I am given.
- We’ve had some kind of respiratory cold or flu for over 2 weeks Yesterday we got outside finally and went to a park. It wasn’t the big outing I had envisioned, but it was soothing and calm and once more, soul-healing.
- I am really discouraged about something I have stayed close-lipped about, for good reason. It feels insurmountable. I find that when I open my heart up and my eyes and look around, everyone has something. Being kind is worth it. We don’t do it for ourselves but it does come back, doesn’t it? Met a nice lady this week in a tight spot. Somehow she turned things around and helped me instead. I’m grateful.
- Writing like mad and cleaning out closets. I held onto several things I have not touched in 10 years. That’s a good clue where to start on spring cleaning.
Have a good week- Thanks for reading-