On my former blog I had a feature I am resurrecting called ‘Monday Random’. It was basically a place to share random thoughts that were on my mind, anything from something I saw at the grocery store to politics. (rarely) Today I’m using these questions posed by another blog to break the ice for our inaugural edition of MR on this blog.
The questions below were posted by A Momma’s View . They are more like things I would have talked to my school friends about at slumber parties, or dared each other to tell. Momma calls them ‘Questions I think nobody ever asks’. I was also inspired by Deb’s answers on DebWasHere . I don’t know yet if I will answer all of them, but let’s give this a go, okay? I’ll be brave.
1.Boxer shorts or plum smugglers?
Neither. I assume as a lady this means my preference for men to wear. It depends on the man but I like boxer briefs.
2.What color of underwear are you currently wearing?
3.How long have you been (not) wearing them for already?
4.Do you ever use binoculars to watch people?
Only at a concert. I think about being a voyeur but I wouldn’t do it.
5.Have you ever kicked someone in the groin?
Once around 1985
6.Would you pull a trigger?
If I had to protect my family
7. If you would meet your favorite celebrity and they would want to make out with you, would you?
I’m married, so no. Bruce Willis maybe, if I’m not married at that time. I don’t think I should leave that off the table entirely.
8. Have you ever slept in a room and in the same bed with someone you were not in a relationship with (not talking about sex and having a one night stand)?
9. Have you had one-night-stands?
10. Does sex have the same importance to you now compared to when you were younger?
Same importance, yes. But I was pretty stupid and unwise then
11. Have you ever eaten a worm?
12. What’s the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten?
A salad I thought was full of cool whip but was full of sour cream. I don’t like much dairy
13. How long do you spend sitting on the toilet?
Haha, really? Okay, well as little as possible. I don’t read there or touch books that have been in there
14. What do you do when you sit there (besides the obvious)?
only the obvious
15. Have you ever been peed at?
Okay did my friend tell you to ask that??
16. What’s the grossest thing you have ever swallowed?
A fly at a picnic
17. What’s the constantly dirtiest place in your home?
The walk-in closets
18. Why don’t you clean it?
I do but then that is the place to throw things when we have company because we have a small place. Plus I’d rather be doing something else
19. Do you eat your boogers?
20. Can you describe the one smell that makes you gag?
Besides the obvious smells, the odor of milk or other dairy products
21. Have you ever had head lice?
22. Have you ever been utterly disappointed in someone?
Yes. My best friend from high school
23. Have you ever been scared of someone?
Yes. I have been the victim of a violent crime.
24. What do you do and don’t want anyone to know when you are drunk?
If I don’t want anyone to know I probably shouldn’t put it on the internet. So I’ll go down a peg. I’m way too flirty when I’m drinking. I laugh too loud and talk too loud. I do have the good sense not to drive though. But I’m super relaxed and happy. I don’t do it often anymore.
25. Have you tried pole dancing?
No but I danced on a car. Don’t do that. You’ll fall off.
26. Have you been in a strip club?
Never got around to it
27. Have you run over an animal?
28. Have you ever peed in snow?
No. I can’t aim-I’m a girl. I have total penis envy in this. I want to write my name in the snow.
29. Have you ever made fun of someone and then regretted it?
Yes. Back in high school. It wasn’t like me and I still remember. I was the one being teased.
30. What’s your favorite kind of question of Cards for Humanity (for those who know the game)?
unaware of this game
31. If the father of your best friend would hit on you what would you tell him?
That depends how well I know him and is this related to the drinking question?
Typically I’d smile and walk away. If he didn’t stop when I said no, I’d tell him to stop being stupid, then I’d tell his wife.
32. Would you go out on a date with someone half your age or double your age?
I never went out with a much younger man and I don’t think I’d be attracted to one.
I did date men double my age. Twice (same man) a man over 30 years my senior.
33. Do you clean the sink after brushing your teeth?
Yes of course
33. Have you ever spat in someone’s food or drink?
34. Have you ever kissed someone only to be grossed out afterward?
Yes, when I dated someone who smoked cigars. They were really awful cigars, smelled bad too
35. Do you spy on your neighbor(s)? If yes, why?
No. But I peek in the yard and watch if the dogs bark in case there is an intruder.
36. Have you ever danced/cried in the rain?
Both, but not at the same time
37. Have you skipped work just to chill out on your own (it could be any kind of ‘chill’ (with Netflix or not 😉 )
Not my style, but I did years ago when I was depressed once. I told my boss though. Never been a good liar.